07 April 2008

Welcome to my Journalism 203 weblog

My name is Dennis L Hitzeman and this is my weblog for my Online Journalism class at Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio. I am also a news editor for the Clarion, Sinclair’s print paper, and am leading the project to launch Sinclair’s online edition.

I am a creative writing student who is taking journalism courses both for the additional writing experience and because of the desire to gain experience writing in a journalistic fashion. Ironically, I have no intention of working as a professional journalist, rather I believe that journalistic writing is a powerful tool in the toolbox of a professional writer.

This weblog represents my online assignments for my journalism class and operates in conjunction with my broader journalism weblog “Journalistic Pursuits”, also hosted on Blogger.

My other online writing projects include my personal website dennis.hitzeman.com, my Worldview Weblog, my Journalistic Pursuits weblog, and writing as a contributor on A Host of Contributing Factors. I also contribute to Yellow Room Arts as a writer and an artist.

No comments: